Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm a cheater...

Yesterday was the first day I cheated a little bit.
I'm counting carbs, which is relatively easy to do, but you really have very little wiggle room when you do that. It's not like counting calories where you can make up for a cheat with excercise.
The daystarted off well enough, eggs and sausage for breakfast. But then I have a sugar free vanilla latte. I forgot about the carbs in the milk, I should have gotten a sugar free vanilla coffee with cream. Ok, one mistake- I learned something at least. Then later that day I had a grilled chicken salad from McDonalds. I dumped the whole packet of ranch on the salad before I read the label. Most ranch dressings only have 1-2 grams of carbohydrate per serving. Apparently Paul Newman added sugar to his dressing so this had waaaay more. Again, more of a mistake than an actual cheat. Then I was making vanilla pudding for my husband and son for desert, and I licked the spoon and ate the little bit left in the bowl when I was done. It couldn't have been more than an ounce, but feel terribly guilty about it. I didn't even really enjoy it that much. Anyway, all things considered I consumed about twice as many carbs as I am supposed to.
Tonight is going to be a huge test. I'm going over to my mom's house for dinner. So far she's been supportive, but she really doesn't understand the concept of the diet I'm following. So we'll see how it goes. I know she's making roast beef, so I'll be able to eat that. And I told her to have a salad, so there should be something for me. I thnk the trick is going to be not to make a big deal about what I'm not going to eat. Instead of telling her I won't eat the potatoes, I'll just say no thank you, and leave it at that. 
I can't stop peeking at the scale. I keep wanting to see if it was lower than the last time I was on it. So far it's moving in the right direction, but I know that my weight fluctuates daily and I shouldn't get hung up on the daily numbers. I'm afraid one day I'm going to see it go up and it will make me lose my resolve.
I'll let you know how my first family dinner goes tomorrow.
Fingers Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment