Thursday, July 8, 2010

Money.

I’ve been away on vacation. Well not really away. I wanted to go away but forces conspired against me and so I stayed in town. I did get so much needed R&R in though.

Now I’m back at work and I really don’t want to be here.

Why does it seem that the people who are able to live a life of leisure don’t really appreciate it? It’s terribly tragic that I have to spend my days doing mindless data entry and answering phone calls from obnoxious sales men just so I can keep a rented roof over my child’s head. What I wouldn’t give for my “job” to simply be to look as beautiful and vibrant as possible all the time.

I would have personal dieticians planning my menus for me and private chefs to cook it all up. A personal trainer would gently wake me for my morning workout with fresh brewed coffee and an egg white omelet. My son would have plenty of one on one therapy every day and could spend his afternoons playing with his mommy. My husband wouldn’t have to degrade himself by having to take a job that was beneath him because his unemployment was running out.

I could get used to the idea of being able to sail away on our yacht on a bright summer day. Lounging beachside after a grueling day of manicures, pedicures and massages is a job I could do with relish. A professional stylist would pick out my clothes every day, keeping me far from the fine line that separates casual from frumpy. I would be pampered and pretty and put together.

Yes, I want to be a gazillionaire! I want to have a helicopter on standby to bypass traffic and for people to pay me to show up at their parties. I want to be so rich that people give me diamonds for free! I want to be able to adopt a dozen babies and open my own school for disadvantaged youth.

I know they say that money can’t buy happiness and all…. But I’m thinking it could rent it for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that's too much to ask...you spoke my thoughts!

    If only I could do work that I was passionate about...something that I woke up excited for.

    Rented happiness; good book title~Gina

    ReplyDelete