Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4 out of 30

Today’s weight 221.8


The water was not so good yesterday, but I was able to get my carbs down to about 35, but I would still like to do less. It was the late night snack that did me in -Greek yogurt and blueberries with a little Splenda. It was Yummy though!

I’m not so sure what the bump up on the scale is. I hate that daily fluctuation, it always pisses me off.

Dinner was fantastic. The batteries on my camera died but here's a picture I found on line and this is pretty much what it looks like.

Here’s how I made it.

I put a two pound pork roast into a crock pot. Drained and rinsed a big can of sauerkraut and dumped that over the port. I sprinkled that with an envelope of onion soup mix. Then I added a chopped Valencia onion and some leftover apple slices. Sprinkled all with 1/3 cup granulated Splenda and poured about 2 mugs of water over the whole thing. Covered and cooked on low for 12 hours.

I don’t know what the exact carb count is, but I’m estimating it to be about 5 net carbs per serving.

It was super easy and cooked all day while I was at work and running to the hospital. My two year old son loved it and had two helpings which is a great compliment since he is known to not really eat anything except pizza and hamburgers. He even learned a new word – Sauerkraut! My husband had his with some mashed potatoes and said it was really good. I think he was a little surprised to like it.

I have got to tell you all that I am a huge fan of the slow cooker. To me it is by far the easiest way to get a home cooked meal with lots of flavor on the table without having to put dinner off until 8. We’re having it for dinner tonight as well.

Today I’m sleepy. It’s a cloudy, drizzling kind of day outside so I’m having a hard time waking up. Plus my son decided to wake me up an hour and a half before my alarm was set to go off. Normally I love being mommy but at 5 am it’s rough.

I have to remember that once I become a gazillionaire to hire a nanny, at least for the mornings.

2 comments:

  1. I love the crockpot too!! It's the greatest - it's like having a helper in the kitchen! I love throwing chicken or a roast, shredding the meat once cooked and using for sandwiches or tostadas, burritos, etc.!!

    Your recipe sounds delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crockpot is awesome, especially in the summer!

    I'm not sure if this would work for you, but have you contemplated only doing a weekly weigh-in? I can't stomach daily weigh-ins precisely because of the fluctuations - they do my head in. :-s

    ReplyDelete