Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 2 & 3 out of 30

Weight yesterday AM 221.1
Weight this morning 220.8

Carbs yesterday- 40 Not bad considering I spent the day att he hospital.
Water intake was better too, I think I had about 4 glasses of plain water along with  a diet coke and my morning coffee.

Today- so far so good. I have dinner going in the crockpot. Pork and Sauerkraut. It promises to be very tasty and very low carb so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the recipe (and my tweaks to lower the sugar content) is a keeper. If it is I'll post pictures and the recipe for you all.

Mood- Better. All things considered I was feeling considerably less frazeled yesterday and able to relax with very little anxiety last night while watching True Blood. This morning I woke up earlier than usual and didn't really feel too tired as a consequence. I don't know if I can chalk the sudden lift in mood up to lowering my carbs just yet though since I had my lady time of the month start this morning too. I've always been a little extra sensitive during the days leading up to my TOM so I'm not surprised I was an emotional mess these last few days.

On a separate note, I'm one of those unfortunate people who cannot tan. I turn red in the sun with  about 5 minutes and then I peel and then I'm stark white again. I'm so pale I'm self conscious when I wear shorts because I feel like my legs literally glow. And I don't care who you are, no one finds pale white fat thighs with cellulite attractive.

So I got to thinking, what can I do to make this better. I'm working on weightloss.... so that will help for the future, but when it's 105 out I can't wait to wear shorts or a bathing suit. So I decided to try a self tanner. Tan legs always look thinner and more toned than pale legs right? besides how hard can it be...

I got one of those gradual tanners that you apply after a shower like lotion. The first application was okay. I did it before going to bed. When I woke up it was not too dark, but it was supposed to be gradual right? Okay so after my morning shower I put on a second application. About 30 minutes later I noticed that my knees an heels had turned orange. Next time I'll avoid my knees and feet because that just looked weird, there is nothing natural looking about orange heels.

The next thing I noticed was when the smell hit me. Turns out that Sunless Tanners stink like a cross between urine and dirt. It has to do with the chemical reaction that changes your skin's color. Trying to cover it with something else just made me smell like a homeless person wearing perfume. If you're going to try this, make sure it's on a day when you don't have to be anywhere that people will smell you.

Luckily it seems that the stink was washed away with my shower last night. I scrubbed my knees and feet so they aren't as orange now. The end result has left me with nicely tanned legs. I won't go any darker than this now, I'll just re-apply as it starts to fade in a day or two. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the result and I'm not tempting skin cancer.

Anyway- Happy Monday to all! Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't hate me for this but I tan very easy! You had me on the edge of my seat with your tanning story! I was reminded of a kids movie called "Big Fat Liar" and the guy turned blue all over-he actually didn't turn blue, the kids turned him blue...anyhoo-

    40 carbs is good! And your dinner sounds delish, at least the pork part does! (I've neve had sauerkraut).

    ReplyDelete