Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weigh in week 4

231.6. That's a loss of 2.4 pounds from 2 weeks ago.

That means I get to pick out some earrings today! :-) And I get a nifty new badge for my page~
I'm doing the dance of joy... whoop whoop!

I'm so happy to be losing again. I think part of that last stall had to do with it being my TOM.
I really wanted to quit for a couple of days. I pushed back against the voice in my head that said "this just isn't worth it" and I'm glad I did.
Its true that I would probably be losing faster if I was following a strict eating plan like Atkins or South Beach instead of doing a casual "low carb" approach.
But I just don't think I would be sticking to it as well for the long term. I mean, who can eat like that for the rest of their lives? Plus I find that when I have a lot of "rules" about what I can and cannot eat I get kind of obsessed with food. And the last thing I need to do is spend my waking hours thinking about what I want to eat.
Also- I still have not managed to fit in excercise. Unless chasing my 21 month old son around counts (that kid can really wipe me out sometimes!) I know I have to find a way to make this happen, even if it is only on the weekends. So that's going to be a goal this month. To try to find at least 2 hours of excercise time a week.

So that's my update. I know I still have some work to do and improvements to make. It's going to be a hard year, but I CAN do this and I AM worth it.

4 comments:

  1. so out of curiosity, what is your 'casual low carb' plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the loss! I totally agree about having a harder time following a strict plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny-
    Basically I'm just avoiding all forms of refined carbs like flour and sugar. I'm avoiding high concentrations of natural sugars, such as fruit and juice. I am eating mostly meats and non-starchy veggies. By casual I mean that I'm not bothering to sit with a pena nd calculator and adding up 6 net carbs for eggs, sausage and coffee with 2 tablespoons of half and half and one packet of splenda for breakfast, then leaving myself with 14 more "net carbs" to consume throughout the day. I find when I'm that regimented I get tired of the math and give up. I did pick up some keto sticks and I'm using them to monitor that I am actually burning fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Trying to figure out which plan is best can be so confusing with all the different information out there - good on ya for doing what works best for you. :)

    ReplyDelete