Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Fresh Start

Happy New Year!

I love new year's because it represents a fresh start. All of the things that went wrong over the recent past can be forgotten and let go. For me it's a time to forgive and forget, not only the slights that others have dealt me, but also for my own shortcomings.  I don't really make resolutions so much as I try to cleanse myself of unwanted baggage. My weight has been some pretty heavy baggage for some time. 

I accomplished a lot towards my weight-loss goals in 2010, but I got derailed about halfway through and lost sight of what I was trying to accomplish. 
To be perfectly honest, 2010 sucked big time.
But that is all behind me now, 2010 is over and 2011 is a brand new year, a year ripe with possibilities for positive changes.
I'm starting out the year at 228 pounds. I gained about 10 pounds back. But I can lose them and more this time around.
Today was a good food day. I watched my carbs all day and aside from a very small bite of cookie (I forgot for a second) I consumed no sugar. Now I just have to have 363 more days exactly like this one.
And since it's a new year, I decided to go with a new look for my page. I'm not sure that I"m done fiddling with it, but I do like it a lot better now. Hopefully someday it will look as good as all of your blogs do.

Here's hoping for a healthy and prosperous new year!

1 comment:

  1. I couldnt agree with you more...2010 is GONE! Here's to a great 2011, and congrats on your progress so far. Hope you don't mind if I follow you!

    ReplyDelete