Monday, October 12, 2009

Day One

Hi, My name’s Christina and I’m a fatty.


Hello Christina!

The thing is I wasn’t always a fatty. At one point in time I actually kind of hot. Well maybe not hot...
That was when I was in my early twenties. Since then I’ve changed a lot. I moved from the city to the suburbs so instead of walking everywhere, I have a car now. I’m married now and have a family so I actually cook real meals (meals a man wants to eat) every single night instead of subsisting on tomato soup, salads and coffee during the week. I had a kid and took my pregnancy to be a license to binge on all the forbidden foods I love, like McDonald’s cheeseburgers and vanilla milkshakes. I got a good paying job and used my larger paycheck to indulge my inner foodie by eating out…a lot. All of this change led to my waistband expanding exponentially over the years without me really noticing. So now I weigh about 65 pounds more than I want to.

There is nothing wrong with being chunky if you are happy that way. But I am not happy being this large.

Over the years I have had moments of clarity where I saw the bulges of flesh appear. I’ve tried a few times half heartedly to combat the fat. There isn’t a diet that I haven’t tried at some point or other. Low carb, Low fat, cabbage soup, raw veggies and fruit, vegetarian, fasting, Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, Atkins… you name it. The one thing I learned from all of them is the secret to weight loss is pretty simple. You have to eat less and move more.

That last bit is going to be a problem for me. I hate to exercise. I know, I know… Everyone hates to exercise. But I really really really hate it. Plus I honestly don’t have a whole lot of time. But I have made a commitment to give this a real honest to God try so I’m going to squeeze it in whenever I can.

I figure if I can lose 1.5 pounds a week I should be where I want to be in about 43 weeks. I’m hoping by creating this blog and posting my journey for others to see that I’ll keep myself on the right track.

Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment