Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do

I love food.


Passionately.

Cooking relaxes me. Inventing new combinations of spices and foods excites me. I enjoy watching TV programming about food. I like to research new recipes on the internet.

The best food is absolutely the most sinful.

Lobster tail dipped in butter.

Fettuccine Alfredo.

New York cheesecake.

Warm double chocolate brownies with vanilla ice cream.

I want it all. I crave NY strip with caramelized onions like a junkie craves his next fix.

Now I’ve hit rock bottom. I came to the realization that I need to change my relationship with food. Though I desperately love my sweet and savory delights, I know that ultimately this just isn’t a healthy relationship any longer.

So, farewell my love. I know this will be hard but we just can’t go on seeing each other this way. I know we are bound to bump into one another from time to time at parties and such. Of course you’ll have so many other women (and men) adoring you that you won’t even notice I’m there. I’ll be the one in the far corner of the room watching with jealous eyes your every flirtation, wishing I could have you one last time, but knowing it was never meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment