Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So I’m 13 weeks into this thing and I have to admit, I’m losing gas fast.


The last couple of weeks were very challenging for me. I didn’t do as well as I wanted to , but I also didn’t give in to temptation as much as I wanted to either. The world would be such an easier place to be thin in if everyone didn’t constantly try to push food down your throat.

My problem is that I really, REALLY like food. I like to cook it and I like to eat it and I like to feed it to people. I am trying to take what I like about food and applying it to my weight loss efforts. I tweak recipes to fit my nutritional goals and prepare nice healthy dinners for myself and my family. Lately though, I’ve discovered that my efforts are only successful if I am completely in control of the food situation. When other people get involved, I really start struggling.

I was able to avoid most sweets this past weekend. I did eat a macaroon on Saturday and a small piece of coconut cake on Sunday night. I had a bagel-fest on Friday, mostly because there wasn’t anything else available. Aside from one or two small Reese’s peanut butter eggs, I avoided the Easter candy. I did get supremely ticked off at my mother in law which prompted me to drink a little more wine than I had planned. (She put together a huge Easter basket that was bigger than the one I did from the Easter bunny and bought several toys for my son, which is nice, but it just confuses him and she really has to stop trying to outdo me or I swear I will not be responsible for my actions….end of rant)

On Monday I restarted my low carb plan. It feels like it’s rougher this time around than it was in January. I’ll get through it though. Eventually I’ll get to where I want to be, and I know that even when I reach my destination it is going to be an ongoing struggle to stay there. On the plus side, everyone did notice that I had lost some weight. Of course this implies that everyone also noticed how fat I had gotten, but no one ever mentions that, do they? Well at least not to my face they didn’t. Knowing my in-laws though, I’m certain they gossiped about me behind my back. Malicious little beasts.

Can you tell that I’m annoyed with my husband’s family yet? They suck the fun right out of every special day.

Anyway this is not really the right time or place to complain about the in laws. Though lord knows I could do a whole other blog about them and never run out of stories. Maybe I’ll consider that for a future project…. Hmmm.

I’ll try to be better about posting, I’ve been avoiding it partly because I knew I wasn’t doing as well as I should be.

Take care and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment